History of Randolph House.
The Randolph House was built in 1872 By Patterson F. Randolph. Born December 31, 1817. He grew up and became a prosperous grocer at 114 Detroit street . This was just a few blocks from his home.
In the year of 1900, Patterson gave the house to his daughter, Lucretia, and her new husband, Frank C. Phillips.
Mr. Phillips was the manager of the Crystal House Hotel, that stood across from the downtown Flint train station.
The style of the house is referred to as an "Italianate" The colors now on the house are original when Patterson lived here. When the Randolph 's first moved into their new home, their yard was comprised of half the city block. After building two duplex's for each son, next to this house.
The rest of the yard was sold off to make way for homes needed to house the carriage workers, then later for the General Motors workers.
Housing at that time was in short supply. After division of the property many years ago, the house is now situated on an L-shaped lot, with a carriage barn/Garage out back.
The Historic Patterson F. Randolph House has been restored to it's original 1872 splendor. Inside and out.
The gardens have been restored to the period also.....
It is now the home of Nickolas C. Hoffman, and is the logo for his Estate liquidation business, titled
Randolph House estate liquidators.